A Rear View Mirror Look Back at Peach Tree’s 2017
While most healthcare leaders will remember 2017 in terms of national health reform fights and the insurance funding uncertainty that followed, I look back on Peach Tree’s year with tremendous pride and hope. Like all other health centers this year, Peach had its share of struggles in California when it came to licensing new facilities, Medi-Cal rate setting and managed care contracting. Despite these business headaches, Peach ended 2017 on a truly strong note, with plenty of momentum into 2018. We have accomplished a great deal of important work during a very unsettled period of time. Here is a snapshot of the highlights (in no particular order):
- Completed a massive remodel and opened our new Yuba City health center: 12 pediatric exam rooms, 12 family medicine exam rooms, 4 pediatric dental suites, behavioral health and Quest Lab under one roof.
- Moved Dr. Ghuman and Dr. Johl’s pediatric practices and patients to our new Yuba City clinic and closed their previous facilities
- Transitioned the Peach Tree Sutter County Clinic team and all of their patients to Peach Tree – Yuba City, and closed our former clinic site
- Opened Peach Tree’s first stand-alone eye care centers in both Chico and Paradise
- Peach Tree is now the largest single provider of comprehensive eye care for Medi-Cal patients in Northern California with five clinic sites in four counties
- Completed a partnership agreement with UC San Francisco School of Dentistry to be a pediatric training location for UCSF dental residency students
- Peach’s entire management team completed a comprehensive leadership academy training program together
Several “most-ever” milestones were also reached in 2017:
- Largest total active patient population of nearly 36,000 people
- Most service awards and financial quality bonuses ever paid to Peach by insurance plans in one year
- Highest volume of new patient assignments each month for a year
Over 12,000 pairs of glasses dispensed from Peach Tree Vision clinics in past two years
- Highest patient satisfaction rate ever recorded at Peach; 95% of our patients would recommend their provider to friends and family for health care
- Peach welcomed 57 new teammates in 2017, including 12 new providers
While 2017 is coming to a close, Peach is only halfway through its current budget and strategic plan year (ending June 2018). We are consistently improving revenues and have big projects in dental, behavioral health and NextGen upgrades planned for the next two quarters. I want to thank everyone at Peach for their continued commitment to our mission and for the excellent care you provide our community every day.
Happy New Year!
– Greg Stone, Peach Tree CEO